Maryland Licensed Clinicians please note: Pearls of Practice 9 content should meet the HB28/SB005 requirement that applicants for the renewal of a license or certificate issued by a health occupations board must attest to completion of an approved implicit bias training program the first time they renew their license or certificate after April 1, 2022.
This event offers
7.0 CE credits
(1.5 Pharmacology credits)
Accredited by American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
The Chesapeake Bay Affiliate of the National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
in conjunction with the
The Maryland Academy of Advanced Practice Clinicians
are hosting the webinar
Pearls of Practice 9
Hot Topics for Clinicians: Diversity, Cultural Competence & Implicit Bias
- Jana Goodwin. PhD, RN - Bias, Culture and The Social Determinants of Health: The Healthcare Challenge
- Wendy Zhang, RN, DNP candidate - Social determinants of health screening in the primary care setting
- Valerie Barnes, PharmD - Disparities in Medication Management: Methods to Foster Equality in Prescribing
- Andrew Miller, MS - Basics of LGBTQ+ Affirming Care
- Ginette Okoye, MD - Management of Acne in Skin of Color
- Charles Callahan, DO, FAAP - This is Baltimore: The impact of structural racism on population health
- Debra Holbrook FNE, FAAN - Human Trafficking: Clinical Presentation & Blue Dot Response Model
Pearls for Practice aka Lightning Talks (non-CE)
- Briana Walton, MD – Complex Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Sean Stewart, MD – Treating Veins in Skin of Color
- Heather Mikesell – Incorporating a Hereditary Cancer Risk Assessment into Practice
- The Maryland Addiction Consultation Services – Support for Providers
- Charlton Cooper - ATI Physical Therapy: The Patient Experience
- Steven Horel – Zypitamag: A new pitavastatin option for lipid management
- University of Maryland DNP Students - Peer Reviewed Scientific Poster Presentations
- CVS MinuteClinic – Diversity in the Workplace & A Day in the Life of a MinuteClinic NP
Each presentation is a stand-alone unit that allows attendees to participate at their own pace.
Student Registration $15.00
Once registered, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the webinar and a passcode.
Please check your spam and trash folder if you do not receive an email within 24 hours.
Questions or comments, contact us at TheMAAPC@gmail.com
To Potential Sponsor
We had over 100 attendees at both Pearls of Practice 8 and Pharmacology Update 2020 and, due to a new national outreach program, anticipate an increase in the number of attendees at our spring webinar.
According to Wikipedia and the Silicon Valley gurus a lightning talk is a short presentation lasting only a few minutes, given at a conference or similar forum. The goal of lightning talks is to articulate a topic in a quick, insightful, and clear manner. These concise and efficient talks are intended to grab the attention of the audience, convey key information.
We see these lightning talks as a way for your company speaker to showcase your newest product, new FDA approval or emerging data on a medication or treatment modality. The content would be the same as an in-person dinner meeting only condensed to a 10-minute-or-less presentation. The content of the lightning talk is entirely your preference.
While the webinar runs, Lightning Talks will be incorporated with the presentations. Here is a mockup page: https://maapconline.enpnetwork.com/page/37509-welcome-to-pearls-of-practice-9
We need the Lightning Talk in an mp4 format, weblink, or YouTube video link by April 3, 2021 to give us time to ensure a good delivery. The button or banner for the webinar page should be approximately 1600x600 pixels.
W9 and 501C documents are available below. If you are interested, please register so we can send you updates and information.
Please let me know if you have any questions,