Find Nurse Practitioner Jobs
Search our comprehensive directory of national and local career opportunities.
Fill your job openings fast.
Learn how →
Seeking Employment?Employers use ENP Network to find qualified candidates. Sign up and upload your resume and let them find you!
Sign up and upload your resume →
Oncology Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant ~ New
California Cancer Associates for Research and Excellence
- Position: Oncology Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
- Reports To: Operations Director/Nursing Manager
- Classification: Exempt
The Oncology Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant provides health assessments and medical management to patients in the clinic setting, and practices in accordance with Practice policies and applicable laws.
- Effectively assesses the physical and psychosocial status of clients by means of interview, health history, physical examination, and diagnostic studies.
- Recognizes deviations from normal in the physical assessment.
- Administers therapeutic measures and obtains specimens.
- Works in collaboration with a physician in formulating treatment plans for health problems and follow-up.
- Writes accurate prescriptions for medication, blood products based upon laboratory results, routine diagnostic and follow-up studies, therapeutic measures, and post-discharge care in accordance with written Practice protocols.
- Accurately determines eligibility of patients for entry into clinical trials based on findings and contacts Research Department.
- Ensures appropriate and quality patient care, Specific to their appointment needs.
- Relays appropriate information regarding patient care to the collaborating physician.Attends both in house and offsite in-services.
- Initiates appropriate actions to facilitate the implementation of therapeutic plans that are consistent with the continuing healthcare needs of the patient.
- Dictates and completes charges within a timely manner.
- Interprets and evaluates patient data to determine patient management and treatment, specific for the patients diagnosis and the need in relation to the visit.
- Participates effectively in the development of educational materials for patients.
- Conducts interactive chemotherapy training classes for patients and family members.
- Actively works to gain knowledge of Radiation Practices and Safety.
- Shares in and displays a commitment to provide Quality & Value in Oncology care through providers who are focused on outcomes, research, & personalized care.
- Conducts business with candor and sincerity to maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.
Collaboration, Respect & Teamwork:
- Demonstrates ability to work cooperatively with others to enhance individual achievement and patient service through a team effort. Attitude promotes a positive and healing work environment and respect for others. Resolves issues and conflicts with diplomacy; communicates effectively with others and provides constructive suggestions to build team cohesiveness and performance.
- Focuses effort and resources toward completion of tasks, realization of goals and fulfillment of cCARE's Mission. Demonstrates ability to adjust priorities appropriately, assess progress critically, and overcome barriers effectively to support the delivery of comprehensive and advanced treatment programs.
- Acts in a self-directed manner; takes responsibility for own actions before being directed by others. Seizes opportunities and is proactive in avoiding potential problems. Learns from own mistakes; adapts to changing conditions; takes on challenging or difficult assignments; Adheres to punctuality and attendance policies; sustains required attendance in order to achieve consistency in attendance and employee commitment; inspires excellence and commitment in others.
- Consistently demonstrates a competent level of practice in accordance with all Cancer Care Associates' policies and position certification / licensing requirements. Shows growth as a professional through continuous improvement; participates in safety training and leads by example in following OSHA standards.
- Demonstrates a professional and open culture, and empower staff to consistently deliver quality care with compassion. Consistently demonstrates compassion through Reflection of empathetic feelings, including encouragement, affirmation, & time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Graduate from a registered Nurse Practitioner program; License and current registration to practice in the State of California; Master's Degree in Nursing. AOCN certified, if not already attained, exam to be taken and passed after two years of work experience
- One full-time year of post-licensure clinical nursing experience; Strong customer service background, preferably in healthcare environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Proficiency in computer processing functions and other standard office equipment; Ability to perform multiple tasks and solve problems with diplomacy and tact; Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; Maintain a high level of organization
- Visual acuity to read a computer screen and paper documents; close and distance vision, peripheral vision depth perception, ability to adjust focus; hearing acuity to converse with staff and customers in person and by phone; ability to walk, stoop, bend, kneel, reach with hands, and lift and move 10 pounds on a regular basis, and up to 25 pounds occasionally; ability to sit for hours at a time.
- This position functions primarily indoors in a medical / business environment. Employee may be subject to blood borne pathogens, radiation, bio waste and other medically-related factors, with exposure to moderate noise levels.