Find Nurse Practitioner Jobs
Search our comprehensive directory of national and local career opportunities.
Fill your job openings fast.
Learn how →
Seeking Employment?Employers use ENP Network to find qualified candidates. Sign up and upload your resume and let them find you!
Sign up and upload your resume →
The Nurse Practitioner, in the Lewis Katz School of Medicine's Radiation Oncology Department, functions as a member of the multidisciplinary Radiation Oncology team to provide in-patient and out-patient services to an adult patient population with specific emphasis on cancer screening services.
Under the supervision of a collaborating physician, the incumbent provides relevant medical care to patients. Performs patient interviews to obtain patient health history and conducts physical examinations. Provides relevant counseling and education to patients about preventive measures. Prescribes under physician supervision (unless an independent prescriptive license has been obtained). Follows-up on referrals to ensure patient compliance with health care recommendations. Assists the physician with surgical and medical procedures, and other procedures requested by physician. Initiates lab tests and radiology orders. Assists in the development of nursing and nurse practitioner protocols. Solves complex problems within established policies; applying significant judgment within clinical specialty. Investigates and implements best practices that impact clinical care with the department. Establishes and maintains working rapport with a broad range of internal and external contacts to communicate information. In addition, the Nurse Practitioner, operates and monitors the Survivorship Clinic. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Certification as a Certified Nurse Practitioner by the Pennsylvania Board of Medical Education and Licensure.
- BLS Certification.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems within established policies, and use independent judgment.
- Must maintain continuing education requirements for licensure, and remain up-to-date in area of practice.
- Ability to operate all standard office equipment and software including MS Office.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and patients.
- At least one year of experience in a Radiation Oncology practice.
- Experience using EPIC.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.temple.edu, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Careers @ Temple. Please reference job number 16001432. AA, EOE, m/f/d/v.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/6zkmm6vjmb