Physician Assisant/Nurse Practitioner - Orthopedics New
Yale New Haven Hospital Website
Commensurate with experience
No recruiters please
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The primary function of the Physician Assistant is to provide comprehensive medical care for the Musculoskeletal patient under the direct supervision of the attending physician. Clinical responsibilities will include: evaluating patients, entering patient care orders, performing procedures, providing education, collaboration wtihin the multidisciplinary team, preparing patients for discharge and the communication and documentation of all patient care activities. The goal of the PA is to provide high quality, consistent patient care in a cost efficient, safe manner while adhering to best practice and achieving optimal outcomes and excellent patient satisfaction.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Art degree and graduation from an approved Physician Assistant program required or APRN Program.
- Certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- One to three years of patient care experience in inpatient setting preferred, neurosurgical experience preferred.
- Current state license as Physician Assistant and certification maintenance by NCCPA or APRN License
- Excellent clinical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work wtih a diverse group of providers across the health care continuum.
- Computer skills preferred.