Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner - Heart & Vascular New
Yale New Haven Hospital Website
Full Time, Part Time
Based upon experience
No recruiters please
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The primary functions of the Physician Assistant (PA-C) will be to provide comprehensive care to the cardiothoracic surgery patients under the supervision of the Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeons and Cardiothoracic Intensivists. Each PA-C has a designated supervising physician.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree and graduation from an approved Physician Assistant program required.
- One (1) or two (2) years caring for cardiac surgery patients is preferred.
- ENDOSCOPIC VEIN HARVESTING EXPERIENCE PREFERRED.
- Certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with Endoscopic Techniques for the harvesting of arteries and veins.