Find Nurse Practitioner Jobs
Search our comprehensive directory of national and local career opportunities.
Fill your job openings fast.
Learn how →
Seeking Employment?Employers use ENP Network to find qualified candidates. Sign up and upload your resume and let them find you!
Sign up and upload your resume →
Psychiatric Mental Health NP/CNS
Silver Spring, MD
Salary, bonus opp
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide direct psychiatric care to residents of the Community. This includes psychiatric evaluations, crisis intervention, individual group and family psychotherapy; medication assessment; behavioral intervention and management, family consultations; education and intervention as required and as appropriate.
- Provide consultative support services to Community staff, including those staff members practicing in the Renaissance Gardens, Pastoral Care, Home Health, General Services, Security, Sales and Information, etc. in such areas as crisis management, behavior management, transition planning, etc.
- In collaboration with the attending physician and the Associate Director of Mental Health determine appropriate utilization of psychiatric services, including in-patient treatment and other specialty psychiatric services.
- Provide clinical support to and function as a team member of the Department and participate actively with the Community Department of Health Services and the Resident Services Department, providing on-going support to those team members on the type and availability of mental health services available to residents and their families.
- Is available by telephone and/or beeper on throughout the day, evenings and weekends and participate in Department on-call system per Department schedules, in order to address psychiatric problems for residents of the Community across all levels of care.
- Participate and encourages research in the area of gerontology and mental health.Keep abreast with research and advances in geriatric psychiatric treatment and care.
- Participate in professional organizations and continuing education activities.
- Provide education program both to residents, other health care providers in the Community and to the general staff when required.
- Report regularly to the Director on all clinical and administrative matters, including utilization of services; responsible for documentation of all services provided to residents for the purpose of accurate reimbursement.
- Participate in Department quality improvement initiatives and maintain medical records in accordance with MCQA standards.
- Follow mental health protocols, policies and procedures for mental health services as developed by the Director of Mental Health Services.
- Support medical management guidelines as designated by the Associate Director of Mental Health Services and participate in measurement systems to evaluate and improve said medical management guidelines.