Find Nurse Practitioner Jobs
Search our comprehensive directory of national and local career opportunities.
Fill your job openings fast.
Learn how →
Seeking Employment?Employers use ENP Network to find qualified candidates. Sign up and upload your resume and let them find you!
Sign up and upload your resume →
Clinician (Regular part-time) - Waco/Corsicana
Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas (Company website)
Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities.
We believe the needs of our community are greater than they've ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
- Position Title: Clinician (Regular part-time)
- Location: Waco/Corsicana, TX
- Reports To: Health Center Manager (HCM)
- Employment Status: Non-Exempt, Part Time.
We are searching for a Clinician to join our affiliate.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
- Retirement plan and employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Plus Additional Benefits
The Clinician provides comprehensive reproductive health care services to patients at Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas (PPGT). Works as part of the medical team in collaboration with the Medical Director, Vice President of Health Services, Chief Operating Officer, Clinicians, VP of Medical Compliance, Regional Health Center Managers/Directors, Health Center Assistants, Follow up Coordinators and other team members to assess the clinical needs of clients as outlined in affiliate protocols. Orders, interprets, and records results of clinical tests and reports results to physicians as needed. Prescribes medications and makes recommendations for other forms of treatment, including birth control. The Clinician acts as part of the medical services team providing comprehensive reproductive healthcare including family planning and/or abortion services per affiliate protocols.
Key Responsibilities of the Clinician include: (please refer to online posting at www.ppgreatertx.org for a complete job description):
- Performs male and female physical examinations with special emphasis on the reproductive system including breast examinations, pelvic examinations, cancer screening tests, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and other types of more specialized procedures as may be indicated by medical policy or protocols
- Performs, orders, and interprets diagnostic studies as indicated and permitted by medical protocols.
- Performs lab testing per Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations and according to PPGT's lab manual or manufacturer's directions.
- Provides relevant health instruction and education to include family planning, nutrition, sexual counseling, and principles of health promotion and maintenance.
- Follows all "Customer Service Rules" and promotes a spirit of teamwork with co-workers.
- Relates well to clients, staff, physicians, management, other clinicians and community providers.
- Develops a level of time management that is conducive to seeing 4-6 patients per hour meeting productivity goals and expectations.
- Works in conjunction with Health Center Managers, medical director and quality/risk management team to streamline procedures and policies to improve Health Center efficiency and client care within the Health Center.
- As able, provides consultation to other clinicians and health center staff regarding protocol and medical management of clients, collaborating with the Medical Director as needed.
- Creates and maintains an environment of dignity and safety for patient sensitivity and privacy.
- Responds to medical emergencies as provided in the medical protocols and is responsible for organization and maintenance of emergency crash carts.
- Participates in agency accreditation and performance reviews by PPFA, Department of State Health Services (DSHS), and others as indicated.Orders/recommends vaccinations and screening for evaluation of immune status related to pathogens encountered in the workplace according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommendations.
- Complies with all mandatory reporting requirements.
- Administers, supplies, or prescribes medications/devices, including injections, per delegated orders of the Pharmacist-in-charge and the Chief Medical Officer as outlined in The Manual of Medical Standards and Guidelines and Pharmacy Manual and as per Title 22, Part 11, Chapter 22 of the Texas Administrative Code.
Other related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree (or equivalent) and certification in specialty as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Women's Health Nurse Practitioner(WHNP), Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), or Physician Assistant (PA).
- Experience as a Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Midwife, or Physician Assistant in reproductive healthcare desired.
- License to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse with prescriptive authority in the State of Texas or License to practice as a Physician Assistant by the Texas Medical Board.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses listed above and appropriate national certification (NCC, AMCB, AANP, or ANCC) and CPR certification.
- Colposcopy Certification desired.
- Agency standards: Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet. Must have the willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances or new technology. Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to travel within and outside organization region as job dictates.
- Ability to adhere to the medical protocols of the organization and PPFA.
- Ability to think strategically and achieve organization's goals relating to position.
- Ability to operationalize strategic goals into action plans.
- Ability to adhere to the compliance and regulatory requirements pertaining to position.
- Possess effective analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
- Ability to effectively use organization's computer systems.
- Skilled in verbal and written communications.
- Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Diversity creates a healthier environment: equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, past, present or prospective military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, socio-economic circumstances, language spoken or any other basis protected by law. We are a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
To view all job opportunities at Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas: www.ppgreatertx.org