Nurse Practitioner/PA-Instructor University of CO Cancer Center New
University of Colorado Cancer Center Website
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
No recruiters please
University of Colorado School of Medicine (Full time opening with benefits) posting 06951
This full-time faculty Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant position is offered through the (Medicine) Division of Medical Oncology within a cancer clinic located in Aurora, Colorado at the Anschutz Medical Campus (AMC). The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will be an active participant in clinical work seeing patients daily in Oncology clinics, as well as overseeing a chemotherapy infusion area. As part of this position, additional training as needed in active symptom control (palliative care) and clinical trials conduct will be provided.
Instructor -Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Clinical Cancer Center, Phase I / (GI) Gastrointestinal Cancer Clinic.
This full-time faculty position is responsible for identifying, assessing, planning and coordinating services for oncology patients in the Phase I/Gastrointestinal Clinic, thus fostering quality, continuity and appropriate utilization of health care resources throughout the continuum of care. Supervision may be exercised as required for patient care.
Examples of work performed included the following duties:
- Manages the health care of patients at the Phase I/Gastrointestinal Clinic
- Performs a comprehensive health assessment, including health history, physical exams, preventive screening; identifies medical health risks and needs. -Performs scheduled study-related visits, study screenings, and toxicity assessments of patients on phase I-III clinical trials.
- Performs, orders and/or interprets diagnostic studies within scope of practice and clinical area of practice at the University of Colorado Hospital location in Aurora, Colorado.
- Performs advanced technical procedures within the scope of clinical practice for these programs as well as other programs requesting procedures, according to schedule.
- Plans and implements therapeutic regimens that include both nursing and medical management strategies, including prescription of medications/devices.
- Establishes systematic follow-up for evaluation of the plan of care and reassesses and modifies the plan, as necessary, including initiation of referrals and consultation with physicians and other health care providers as appropriate.
- Assures patient and family teaching is adequate to manage the illness or wellness plan at home.
- Facilitates appropriate utilization of the medical system in a cost effective manner without jeopardizing quality of care and service. May be involved in management of critical pathway and case management across the continuum of care as indicated.
- Participates as a team member in providing healthcare, interacting with professional colleagues to provide comprehensive care as a responsible professional.
- Maintains accurate, legible, and confidential records.
- Intermittent weekend coverage of infusion center/urgent care may be needed.
- Apply organizational policies, regulations and procedures in administration of patient care.
- Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Master's Degree in Nursing and/or a graduate of an Accredited Physician Assistant School is required.
- Current license to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse / Physician Assistant with prescriptive privileges in Colorado.
- Meets and maintains the requirements of the nursing requirements of the nursing credential review board for the advance practice nurse/physician assistant.
- Current license to practice professional nursing or as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado.
- Certified as a Nurse Practitioner/or as a Physician Assistant by a national professional organization.
- Preferred three years experience as a Clinical Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant in Oncology;
- Experience with Cancer Clinical Trials.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the thrid day of work.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s), Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 06951 When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
- Copy of unofficial transcripts (Bachelor's + Masters Degrees
- Copy of a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Certification
Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process.
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.