Find Nurse Practitioner Jobs
Search our comprehensive directory of national and local career opportunities.
Fill your job openings fast.
Learn how →
Seeking Employment?Employers use ENP Network to find qualified candidates. Sign up and upload your resume and let them find you!
Sign up and upload your resume →
Family or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Needed
Greater Dallas Lung and Sleep
Based on experience
Established and rapidly growing Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine Practice seeks full-time Family or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner to join its team of dedicated healthcare professionals.
This position is full-time requiring approximately 40 hours of work per week (Monday through Friday).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Medical Director,
- Provide direct clinical services for patients with pulmonary and sleep-related disorders according to established protocols and evidence-based clinical practice standards.
- Obtain patient health histories and complete physical examinations.
- Document findings in the medical record noting pertinent normal and abnormal findings.
- Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests.
- Develop a differential diagnosis by analyzing and synthesizing collected data.
- Develop treatment plan in collaboration with supervising physician.
- Explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of procedure(s) to patients, patient's family, and staff.
- Perform approved diagnostic and therapeutic procedures based upon patient's clinical status.
- Document patient preparation and response to procedure(s).
- Maintain accurate medical records, narrative summaries, medication lists, and documentation of care and follow-up for administrative purposes and reimbursement services.
- Provide family-centered care by communicating with the family regarding the changing health care needs of their family member.
This position requires candidate to work collaboratively with the healthcare team to assess, coordinate and implement patient care; to communicate effectively with the Medical Director, referring physician, sleep technologists and technicians, and administrative staff; and to ensure continuity of care for the patient so that the patient's medical needs are met.
The candidate is expected to keep abreast of, and foster compliance with, all pertinent federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Registered professional nurse and advanced nurse practitioner license in the state of Texas
- Medicare enrollment
- Two years of experience
- Record of practice (i.e. insurance history or claims of malpractice)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Current certification in pulmonary or sleep medicine.