Find Nurse Practitioner Jobs
Search our comprehensive directory of national and local career opportunities.
Fill your job openings fast.
Learn how →
Seeking Employment?Employers use ENP Network to find qualified candidates. Sign up and upload your resume and let them find you!
Sign up and upload your resume →
Exciting and Unique Advanced Practitioner Job Opportunity!
Wexford Health Sources (Company website)
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant to join our team of healthcare professionals at the Hagerstown Correctional Institution in Hagerstown, MD.
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Provides basic medical services under the supervision of a licensed physician. Utilizes professional medical skills to meet a variety of health care needs, with ambulatory care as primary focus.
- Performs physical examinations, evaluations, diagnosis and treatment for all inmate patients in a variety of settings under the supervision of physician.
- With physician, manages acute and/or chronic conditions. Responds to and initiates care for medical emergencies throughout the facility.
- Orders appropriate lab tests and medications according to interpretation of diagnostic testing and response to treatment, within established written protocol, and consistent with institution formulary and state and company regulations.
- Coordinates health treatment with other disciplines as necessary.
- Maintain working knowledge of pharmacology including drug reaction/overdose.
- Responsible for complete and accurate documentation in the inmate patient's health record for care provided.
- Maintains health services records and logs as appropriate.
- Makes rounds, checks medications, observes and records the progress and the condition of inmates housed in confinement and receiving health care services.
- Performs consultation evaluations as requested. Coordinates the referral of inmates to specialists or hospitals as necessary.
- Compiles inpatient admission, discharge and/or transfer summaries as required.
- Counsels inmates on preventative care, medical problems and use of prescribed treatment.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Draws blood specimens or testing and performing other comparable procedures when personnel that customarily perform these procedures are not available.
- Provide/present/participate in education to inmate patient, health care and correctional staff.
- Follows security regulations for keys, sharps and controlled medications.
- Delegates to and supervises other team members as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality of inmate records.
- Completes a minimum of twenty-four (24) CEU's every two years and maintains RN/ARNP or PA licensure (as applicable).
- Recommends improved procedures, equipment and supplies to the supervisor.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
- Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
- Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
- Current CPR certification
- Graduate of an accredited college/university program
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in a correctional health setting.
- Current Maryland NP or Physician Assistant license or ability to obtain.
- Current CDS and DEA