Find Nurse Practitioner Jobs
Search our comprehensive directory of national and local career opportunities.
Fill your job openings fast.
Learn how →
Seeking Employment?Employers use ENP Network to find qualified candidates. Sign up and upload your resume and let them find you!
Sign up and upload your resume →
Nurse Practitioner – TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA Planned Parenthood of South, East and North Florida
Planned Parenthood of South, East and North Florida (Company website)
The Planned Parenthood of South, East and North Florida (PPSENFL) Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing comprehensive women's health care in the areas of gynecology, sexually transmitted disease, family planning/contraceptive counseling and mid-life services under the supervision of the Associate Medical Director and VP Clinical Care. You will ensure that our customers receive superior customer service while delivering and coordinating quality care, utilizing your professional education and skill in history taking, physical examination, diagnosis, treatment, patient education and referral/follow up.
Essential functions include:
- Perform medical screening/examinations including but not limited to breast and pelvic examination, the latter including speculum examination, bi-manual examination, obtain cultures for STD's and cytologic smears, along with other screening procedures indicated by medical policy and medical judgment. Thoroughly document all care and complete log books, etc. as required.
- Work closely with VP Clinical Care to insure smooth operation of clinic services by making recommendations regarding all medical issues concerning patients, assisting in the planning and implementation of new clinic services/programs, making procedural suggestions to insure efficient quality patient care and adding addendum notes to clinic nurse evaluations.
- Assist in training and educating newly hired Medical Assistants and taking the lead in clinical training
- Order, interpret and inform patients of lab results and recommended follow-up
- Provide counseling on all birth control methods when appropriate
- Provide information on sexuality, contraception, STD, sterilization, medical problems, abortion, pregnancy options or other related needs
- Interact with other community agencies and businesses marketing clinic services to customers
Skills and experience required:
- Licensed to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Florida
- Experience in women's health care with a GYN or family practice involved with women's health
- Comfortable when discussing sexuality, contraception, STD and pregnancy options
- Prior experience working in Electronic Health Records system is preferred
- Excellent leadership skills
To apply, send resume to: HR@ppsenfl.org or FAX 561.848.8279 please include ARNP in subject line
Planned Parenthood of South, East and North Florida (PPSENFL) is a Drug Free Work Place and
Equal Opportunity Employer. PPSENFL is committed to a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus and innovation.