Nurse Practitioner - Stress Lab New
Northwell Health Website
No recruiters please
We are Northwell Health, and we're shaping the future of health care. As the state's largest health care provider with 21 hospitals and nearly 450 outpatient sites of care, we serve a community of 8 million people in the metro New York area and beyond.
At Northwell Health, we believe every role, every person and every moment matters. We embrace our Culture of C.A.R.E. (Connectedness, Awareness, Respect and Empathy) with our people and the communities we serve and our organization's values of Caring, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity. This helps us make a powerful and positive impact on our patients' and customers' experiences.
Our employees are always encouraged to become the best they can be through growth and education. To make the extraordinary the new ordinary, and to make breakthroughs happen every day. Join our 61,000 strong today.
As a Nurse Practitioner – Stress Lab, you will be responsible for performing a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for the admission of patients, utilizing the Nursing processes of assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and outcome evaluation.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Develops, implements and evaluates the clinical collaborative practice agreements in the specific clinical area
- Conducts health assessments of patients/families with real or potential, acute and/or chronic health problems
- Initiates referrals to specialty services and fosters continuity of care
- Initiates selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultation and laboratory examinations.
- Prescribes and revises medical regimes.
- Interprets findings and plans of care according to collaborative practice agreements and protocols in designated areas
- Provides patient/family education and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance and disease prevention
- Participates in team meetings and conferences to enhance an interdisciplinary approach to primary health care delivery
- Serves on departmental and multidisciplinary committees, which influence or determine policies affecting nursing practice
- Serves as liaison between patient and community, and acts as a health care advocate
- Identifies quality improvement issues and develops unit-based quality improvement programs, as well as standards of care and practice
- Participates in approved medical and nursing research studies
- Maintains a current level of knowledge relative to professional practice
- Acts as a resource to staff and implements educational programs
- Participates in the evaluation of the cost effectiveness of services provided
- Performs related duties, as required
- Graduate of an accredited Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program
- Current New York State Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner license and registration
- Nurse Practitioner certification in Acute Care
- Minimum of two years' experience in the field of adult health care
- Minimum of two years cardiology and/or critical care experience
Interested candidates apply online at: http://bit.ly/2duqKWR
We are an equal opportunity/AA employer: F/M/Disability/Vet
- Nurse Practitioner - Stress Lab
- Staten Island, NY
- Full-Time, 7a-5p, Variable Days
- Weekends/Holidays as need