Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner New
Wesleyan University Website
Full Time, Part Time
No recruiters please
Wesleyan University has approximately 2,900 undergraduate and 100 graduate students. The office of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) operates on an 8:30 – 4:30 weekday schedule with 24/7 coverage through an on-call rotation. Outreach is included in the services provided and is essential to the community health model to which CAPS adheres. CAPS provides education, consultation, and training to students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
Reporting to the director of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), the APRN will provide general psychiatric health care and ongoing management of psychotropic medication to a diverse student population.
- Function independently and as a member of the Counseling Center team to provide comprehensive mental health services through multidisciplinary integration with Davison Health Center and WesWell (health education) offices.
- Prescribe appropriate pharmacologic modalities to treat identified mental health conditions within scope of licensure and training.
- Regularly monitor CAPS clients/students taking psychoactive medications.
- Participate in weekly CAPS staff meetings, weekly rounds, and short individual meetings with clinicians.
- Perform periodic chart reviews in collaboration with practitioners in the Davison Health Center.
- Conduct outreach, education, and prevention activities in the areas of holistic health and wellness, alcohol and substance interactions with psychoactive medications, abuse of psychoactive drugs, and other relevant areas of interest or expertise.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described.
This position works full time during the academic year and is off during summers.
- Master's degree and three years professional mental health/nursing experience.
- Possession of a current/unrestricted license as an APRN/RN to practice in the State of Connecticut.
- Evidence of completion of a nurse practitioner program from an accredited educational institution in psychiatric/mental health or equivalent field.
- Certification by appropriate national accrediting body, e.g. the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), as a nurse practitioner prior to employment.
- Current, unrestricted Controlled Substance Registration by both the State of Connecticut and federal DEA.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Experience addressing the health and mental health concerns of a diverse college-aged population preferred.
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Antonio Farias, VP for Equity & Inclusion, Title IX and ADA/504 Officer, 860-685-4771, email@example.com.