Nurse Practitioner APRN New
First Care Clinics Website
to be determined at time of hire
No recruiters please
First Care provides walk-in, urgent, and occupational medicine services to communities throughout Kentucky. We treat a wide range of illnesses, injuries, and common conditions, as well as offer wellness, screening, and diagnostic services.
We are relentless about transforming the delivery of healthcare through outstanding customer service, convenience, and affordability.
We are devoted to doing the right thing; we go to great lengths to ensure superior clinical quality, and build trusting relationships between our team members, our patients, and our partners.
Our Employment Philosophy:
First Care is dedicated to providing our employees with a positive and productive work environment. Above all, employees will be given the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every First Care Patient.
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner for our new Henderson Clinic
Reporting Relationship: Clinical Director
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing exceptional patient care – independently and in collaboration with other medical professionals – following standards and protocols set by the Clinical Director.
- Comes to work each day relentless about transforming the delivery of healthcare through outstanding customer service, convenience, and affordability
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment while
- Orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interpret test results for deviation from normal
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care
- Notate findings and treatment course in patient chart including follow-up notes
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens. Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information
- Nurse Practitioner will continue to accept patients until posted closing time
- Works as part of the overall team by answering the phone, completing referrals, patient callbacks and other activities requested by management
- Abides by company policies and procedures
- Master's degree (MSN) and certification by one of the Nurse Practitioner certifying bodies (ANCC or AANP) as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) is required
- Active Kentucky Nurse Practitioner license
- CPR certified
- Must meet credentialing requirements
- 2-3 years experience in emergency medicine, urgent care or primary care preferred
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of the team
- A passion for helping people
- DOT certification preferred