Nurse Practitioner New
$90,000. to $100,000.
No recruiters please
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for performing physical examinations and obtaining detailed histories on assigned patients in order to assess and treat acute/chronic behavioral health disorders. Assessment and treatment of patients will include; performing health record reviews, performing intramuscular injections and other related laboratory tests, prescribing medications from the CDOC formulary using applicable CDOC guidelines and policies and providing client education during appointments. In addition, this position will be responsible for providing formal and informal medical training for co-workers and clients, as well as participate in developing educational materials for co-workers, clients and other health care professionals.
- Current and active licensure in the state of Colorado as an Advanced Practice Nurse
- Ability to provide direct patient care to clients;
- Ability to maintain professionalism in a complex environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Current and active prescriptive authority issued by the DEA
- Medicaid provider number
- Experience providing medical care to justice related individuals