Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Alice Peadiatric Clinic Website
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Job Description
Alice Pediatric Clinic is a family owned practice serving our community for over 40 years. Our Mission is to provide compassionate high-quality healthcare to children from birth to 18 years of age.
We are seeking for a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner to join our Alice Pediatric Family and will under the supervision of a physician, provide primary health care services for patients and families, focusing on wellness and promoting healthy life style. Serve as a leader, educator and researcher for patients, their families and the community.
- Master’s degree of Science in Nursing with a specialty as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Licensed a Registered Nurse and Advance Practice in the State of Texas.
- Insurable for professional liability.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide comprehensive primary care within the regulatory guidelines set by the State of Texas and Rural Health Clinic Code of Federal Regulations including performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, prescribing and administering medical treatment and medications; collaborate with physician in order to plan and coordinate patient care.
- Participate in the development, execution and annual review of the written policies/procedures governing the services the Clinic provide; participate with the physician in a periodic review of the patients' health records.
- Obtain health histories and assess the stated health of the patient in order to determine health care needs and documents findings in the medical record.
- Well Child Health Care Checks:
- Take a complete detailed medical and developmental history at the routine one-week, six-week, six-month, and one-year health care check. Perform physical examination, recognize deviations from normal, record and present the data to the primary physician.
- Perform preschool and physical education examinations. Review the developmental history and immunization record of the patient.
- Recognize departures from good health in the above examinations, under the supervision of the physician. Counsel patient/family/caregiver regarding diet, growth and development, social habits and routine health care, according to physician's order.
- When an ill child presents to the Clinic, the provider will evaluate the child's departure from good health, by taking an appropriate history and performing a physical examination. When necessary, a physician will be consulted and recommended patient instructions or treatment protocols will be followed.
- Perform complete screening examinations and routine examinations in order to determine a baseline, reflect the nature of the patient visit, diagnose and promote good health.
- Perform, order and interpret routine laboratory tests; notify patients of results as appropriate.
- Assess information and/or symptoms of patient by phone in order to prescribe treatment or refer to appropriate resources.
- Consult and instruct patients in order to provide support, facilitate recovery and foster patient self-care at home; promote health through continued follow-up care.
- Effectively utilize consulting physicians and other diagnostic services that are not provided by the Clinic.
- May routinely perform such therapeutic procedures as: debridement, suture and subsequent care of wounds; removal of impacted cerumen, subcutaneous local anesthesia, nasal packing for epistaxis; cast sprains and fractures; incise and drain localized abscesses and electrocauterize warts; and other procedures as delegated by the supervising physician.
- May routinely perform such diagnostic procedures as: drawing venous blood, collect culture specimens, EKG interpretation, and other procedures commensurate with experience and training.
- Interpret and integrate data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
- Perform complete physical exam and records findings. Collaborate with physician regarding management of patients' acute and long-term medical needs.
- Order appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Synthesize data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention.
- Administer medications and injections; sutures minor lacerations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain a system for accurately recording and reporting patient conditions in the medical record; assure medical records are transferred as required when patients are referred; participate in annual review for quality and completeness.
- Interview and provide recommendations to patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommend community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Instruct patients and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provide patient information.
- Maintain and review patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. Posttests and examination results.
- Triage patient telephone calls and provide consultation.
- Manage medical and surgical emergencies.
- Provide monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Attend required meetings; participate in committees as required.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Perform other related work as required.
Be the first to see new jobs near Alice, TX!
Enter your email address below to receive new jobs when they are posted.No thanks