Employers use ENP Network to find qualified candidates. Sign up and upload your resume and let them find you!
Sign up and upload your resume →
Contract Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Betty K. Marler Youth Services Center
The Betty K. Marler Youth Services Center located in SW Denver, CO is seeking a licensed Psychiatrist or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to work as a contract member of the Student Services team. The Psychiatrist or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is primarily responsible to ensure that the psychiatric health and welfare of the students is maintained.
• Practices a standard of medical care according to the latest established norms and according to the rules and regulations of the State Board of Medical Examiners, State Licensing Agency and other authorities including but not limited to Rite of Passage and the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Hospitals.
• Psychiatric consultation for student patients, including initial and follow-up psychiatric evaluations, medicine management and some psychotherapy.
• Analyze and evaluate patient data and test findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder.
• Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavior disorders.
• Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social works, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
• Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives and other professionals.
• Counsel patients during office visits.
• Design individualized care plans, using a variety if treatments.
• Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic test on patient to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder.
• Advise and inform guardians, relatives and significant others of patients' conditions and treatment.
• Prepare and submit case reports and summaries to government and mental health agencies.
• Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists and medical professionals.
• Orders all required student medications. Reorders all established psychotropic drugs as a delegated.
• Assists with ensuring cost containment practices in cooperation with ROP administration and Licensing Agency administration.
• Inputs all required information into the student database.
***Priority consideration will be given to applicants with previous experience in adolescent girls' psychiatric care.***
• One year of prior experience working in a residential setting with adolescent female offenders.
• Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check, drug screen, physical and TB test.