Founding member of NPI
NPI Conference committee 2000, 2001, chair 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
Chaired Committee to facilitate Nurse Practice Act change to remove supervision language 2003
NPI state award 2004
NPI President's award 2003
Chairman, Idaho Board of Nursing 2003-2005, Vice Chair 2006-2011.
APRN member of Idaho Board of Nursing 2003-2011
National NCSBN APRN Committee 2006-2010 (consensus document contributing author)
Editorial Board Journal of NPs (JNP) 2015-2021
AANP State Representative of Idaho 2016-2017
Speaker at AANP national conference, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2022, 2023
Co-authored Charting Idaho Nursing History, 2009
Federal Food and Drug Administration Faculty Advisory Panel for opioid education, AANP representative on CO*RE
Publication: 168 peer reviewed, 3 book chapters, 1 book
Most recent NP related publications:
- Hudspeth, R. (2019). In: Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Nurse Prescribers. Woo & Robinson, F.A. Davis, 5th Chap. 44. Pain Management: Acute & Chronic Pain, pp1239-1258. (Recently updated chapter for the 2023 6th edition in progress)
- Hudspeth, R. (April 2019). Mitigating responses to the opioid crisis. Journal of Nursing Regulation. Vol. 10, No. 1. P57-64.
- Hudspeth, R. (April 2016). Standards of care for opioid prescribing: What every APRN prescriber and investigator need to know. Journal of Nursing Regulation. Vol. 7. 1. P15-20.
- Hudspeth, R. (April 2016). Safe opioid prescribing for adults: Part two. Journal of Nurse Practitioners. Vol. 12. No. 4. P213-222.
- Hudspeth, R. (Mar 2016). Safe opioid prescribing for adults: Part one. Journal of Nurse Practitioners, Vol 12. No. 3. P141-150.